In practice, today, much attention is paid to improving each student’s academic writing skills at a college and high school. According to our certified professor, the issue of how to write a good persuasive essay is rather relevant. However, quite often, there are several problems in the training process:
- lack of ability to clearly define the purpose of scientific communication;
- non-compliance with the style of academic writing;
- presence of grammatical and punctuation errors;
- insufficient or exceeded amount of presentation;
- absence or limited number of insert words and phrases that help to build a logical sequence of information;
- lack of illustrative material for verification of the presented material or substantiation of argumentative opinion;
- incorrect writing, etc.
To solve the above problems, we should consider how to write a good persuasive essay, some details of the design of work, persuasive techniques in writing, and so on. In this article, we will describe the process of writing a convincing essay step by step and point out the primary tasks of the persuasive writer, adhering to the following outline.
So, try to read the below information attentively.
How to Write a Persuasive Essay Step by Step?
In order to provide you with relevant information, it seems appropriate to describe steps on how to write a persuasive essay in detail.
Preparing for Writing
Always prepare for the essay: write down persuasive tips, extraordinary view, short thoughts, facts in the fields, collect quotes. Before writing a paper, turn the pages and choose what is relevant to the topic.
Choice of Theme
If you need to master how to write a good persuasive essay, carefully read the topic suggested for the paper. Emphasize keywords, choose associations to them, find out the meaning of the necessary concepts, write them through a comma, or in a column. We should give you a tip here that the writer of the paper does not have the opportunity to talk about everything he knows but must concentrate on providing an all-encompassing creative answer to the question. The connection of the given facts should be emphasized throughout the paper.
When studying how to write a good persuasive essay, don’t forget that any paper should start with an introduction unit, which should numb the reader and highlight the main approach to the theme. During its creation, do not fall onto the hook and do not provide the reader with irrelevant information on the topic. We will tell you more about this in the paragraph below.
Creating the Main Part
The main part should convince the reader. For this, the author must use strong argument, counter-argument, thesis statement, and other ways to persuade in writing. First of all, it is important to represent key ideas, as well as facts that can support the examples.
Try to allocate actual examples or search for statistical data and provide their analysis. So, fill in your essay step by step until you realize that there is enough material to persuade the reader.
Suppose you ask how to write a good persuasive essay without a conclusion. In that case, we will immediately answer you that this is impossible because the conclusion is a direct answer to the problem. It can be an appropriate quote, a call to action, a generalization, a statement of anything, a question, or a final thought. A good option to complete the essay is the use of aphorisms.
After successfully writing a persuasive text, you need to edit the essay. It’s best to edit within several hours after writing. Pay attention to whether a logical consistency is preserved in the material’s presentation, whether the arguments are strong, whether there are grammatical and spelling errors in the work. Think if you checked this essay as someone else’s, would you be interested in reading the material? Remember that the work must be literate and develop a personal vision of the topic.
General Persuasive Text Structures
As you probably already understand, the persuasive essay model contains four main blocks: introduction, main body, conclusion, and bibliography.
Consider these structural blocks in more detail:
- An introduction is a compelling justification for choosing a particular theme. It consists of some components that are logically and stylistically related. At this stage, it is essential to correctly formulate and present the question that the author will answer in the process of his research. The volume of the Introduction is usually 0.5-1 pages. This element is a required part of an essay of any form. However, from the other side, an introduction usually does not have its subtitle and stands out in a separate section only meaningfully;
- The central part takes up the bulk of the essay. The selected topic is revealed here. This part can be presented as a whole text or be divided into several parts;
- Conclusion. This part sets out the conclusions arising from the main issue’s consideration, summarizing the author’s position on the problem under study. The volume of the conclusion is usually 0.5-1 pages;
- List of references. This structural element is also required for the essay. However, the number of sources included in it is not regulated and is determined on a case-by-case basis. Here bibliographic descriptions are given only of those literary sources to which there is a reference in the text. No resource can be missed.
How to Create a Good Persuasive Essay Introduction?
If you want to learn how to write a good persuasive essay, pay special attention to creating an introduction in the course of your work. It should include the problem statement, as well as represent the answer to the key question. Since it is necessary to think creatively in the essay, it can be done based on paradoxes and oppositions.
Ways to write an introduction:
- Standard (reflections on the concepts outlined in the topic);
- Unexpected (try to oppose the established truths – it’s shocking; formulate a hypothesis in one sentence: make assumptions about what will happen if something does not exist; determine the reasons for the absence of something and describe the possible consequences);
- Imperative (use verbs in the form of imperative mood);
- Informative (name a few facts related to the topic);
- Quotation (start the essay with an appropriate quote);
- Dialogue with the audience (use rhetorical questions).
Thus, we have already told you how to write a good persuasive essay without mistakes. It’s great if you’ve found some valuable prompt for yourself here. But if you still need support, please contact our online company and get quality help.